Handcraft for the (non)Homeowner

| |

I'm becoming a DIY fanatic. Sometimes to save money, sometimes to get something just how I want it, but always to have fun and exercise my creative muscles. I should be saving money, but I'm almost compulsively working on a few projects right now. Even coupon-cutting and using big box discount stores doesn't keep it all from adding up quickly. I'm relying a lot on BHG to help me figure out where to scrimp and where to splurge.

One of the biggest frustrations (at least for me) about renting is the inability to do whatever I want when it comes to home improvement and interior design. I do not want to do anything so permanent that I cannot reverse it, else I risk my (hefty, in my current case) security deposit. I also do not want to invest too much money that is lost when I leave, if it goes to improvements that I cannot take with me. However, I am willing to trade some of that for a dwelling that I am really happy to come home to, and the older I get, the greater my desire to nest, at least in the design and craft sense.

So I've decided to try and balance those opposing forces, and see where it takes me. I will be cataloging the good, the bad and the ugly here. The best results will be for sale over at my shop thegatheringstorm.etsy.com.

Thanks for visiting!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

.